Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Technical Consultant/ Design Architect within the Professional Services team in our IT Services division. The role will be based out of our head office in Cheltenham and involves extensive travel to our client sites throughout the UK.
The candidate will work closely with our Solutions Consulting team to produce detailed technical specifications to assist the pre-sales process and thereafter they will be responsible for the technical low level design, implementation and documentation of the solution.
Applicants are required to have had proven technical project design and implementation experience with server/desktop virtualisation offerings from VMware, Citrix and Microsoft and exposure to cloud technologies. The candidate would ideally be certified with VMware VCP, Citrix CCA and Microsoft MCSE and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects. Attention to detail is a must with a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
Desired technical skills:
- VMware ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Office 365
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008
- Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and DAG
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPN and WAN environments
- Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Citrix NetScaler Gateway
- Corporate wireless systems such as Cisco Meraki, Aruba and Fortinet
- Backup technologies such as Veeam/Symantec
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft Azure design and implementation of workloads in either IAAS or PAAS
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware Horizon
- Citrix XenServer
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Multi-factor authentication
- Microsoft SQL 2014, 2012 and 2008
- Unified Communications including Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Anti-virus technologies
- Web and E-mail Security
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Sophos UTM and XG firewalls
- Competitive basic salary plus bonus scheme
- Company car
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, flexi-time, cycle to work and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to be enhanced DBS checked.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.