Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy for a Solutions Consultant within the Commercial Managed IT team. The role will be based out of our head office in Cheltenham and involves travel to our client sites throughout the UK.
The candidate will work closely with our SME/mid-market IT Sales team to produce end to end IT solutions. Including chargeable sales engagement, technical demonstrations, solution design and tender response. This will also involve revenue generating technical strategy design in line with business and operational needs.
This role would ideally suit someone already in a Pre-Sales position or working as a Technical Consultant looking to further their career into solution design.
We want you to…
- Define the vision and roadmaps for cloud-based and hybrid-cloud solutions for our clients.
- To design and define hybrid and cloud architectural solutions and oversee the implementations.
- Lead or work with peers to implement and/or design technical solutions; working through customer specifications and develop solutions in line with defined requirements.
- Provide presales consultancy to support sales in winning new business opportunities.
- Take ownership for technical delivery of projects and complete hands on technical delivery if required.
- Contribute to Proposals and Statements of Work as required when assisting with presales.
- Work closely with all teams to ensure project and service delivery meet customer expectations.
- Promote an environment that encourages collaboration, team working and innovation within the Consulting Services team.
- Have a proven track record in successful delivery of cloud migration and implementations in both hybrid / full migration capacities.
- Ideally be certified with the core industry certifications and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects. Attention to detail is a must with a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
- Execute technical workshops to collect requirements, understand the problem and explore solutions.
- Experience in conveying technical designs in a proposal format to a wide audience of business stakeholders
Desired technical skills:
- Microsoft 365 Suite and migrations to Modern Workplace solutions
- Microsoft Azure IaaS and migrations of systems to a cloud environment
- VMware vSphere solution design and implementation
- Microsoft Hyper-V solution design and implementation
- SAN Technologies, solution design and implementation
- HPE and Aruba technology stack
- A good knowledge of Microsoft, VMware and Citrix licensing
- Windows Server technologies
- Microsoft Exchange including DAG and Exchange Online
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPN and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems such as Aruba and Cisco Meraki
- Backup and DR technologies such as Veeam and Zerto
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware Horizon View
- VMware vCloud
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Citrix Application Delivery Controller
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- MFA Solutions
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Sophos Central and XG Firewalls
- Web and E-mail Security
- Anti-virus technologies
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more