Careers at Commercial
Service Delivery Manager
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here at Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer personal development and training and career progression… developing our talent is something we do well!
Commercial’s Managed Service team provide business critical IT support services to SME’s within a formal ITIL and best practice framework measured through service SLA’s, KPI’s, user experience benchmarking and satisfaction surveys to ensure that the highest quality standards.
As a result of significant growth within the Managed Services division we currently have a vacancy for an experienced Service Delivery Manager that will play a pivotal role in the management and development of Commercial’s outsourced IT support services, staff management and stakeholder engagement.
As a Service Delivery Manager, you will play a key role in driving the Managed Service delivery on a day to day basis. You will balance commercial and operational considerations to maximise service quality and commercial viability. You will be expected to work across internal and external resolver groups to deliver front line services as well as influencing, building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders, service sponsors and third parties.
- Ensure SLAs and contractual obligations are met across all client contracts
- Drive change and service improvements in Service Management and management tools
- Build trusted client relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage and schedule resources across all managed service customers to maintain service quality
- Create, develop and present client documents (Service reports & contracts)
- Conduct face to face service review meeting with service sponsors and stakeholders
- Review Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity provision to ensure such services are fit for purpose
- Recruitment and management of technical staff including personal development and training
- Provide an escalation point for incidents, change and problem management
- Review incidents and service requests ensure the highest quality standards are maintained
- Work with business development and wider service delivery teams to identify new opportunities
Skills, knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of pro-active IT service management & delivery
- Experience of defining and delivering transparent services with clearly defined service metrics
- Experience of working with and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent communication both written and oral
- Understanding of key service principles such as ITIL, Prince2, as well as industry best practice
- Experience of security best practice and regulatory standards such as ISO27001, 09001, GDPR etc
- Experience of defining, managing and delivering commercial contracts
- Experiencing of aligning business requirements and objectives against service deliverables
- Understanding and experience of complex enterprise technology, IT infrastructure and services
- Experience of delivering and/or supporting complex IT projects and initiatives
- Self-directed, proactive and able to work on own initiative as well as providing leadership and facilitating collaboration across the division
Remuneration & benefits:
Competitive basic salary.
Company car, laptop, mobile phone
We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme.
Operational hours: 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday.
A flexible approach to working hours with occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
About the company:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £65m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.