Careers at Commercial
Senior IT Engineer
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We have a vacancy based at Managed Service client in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire for a Senior IT Engineer to provide 1st and 2nd Line support to all staff, while triaging and troubleshooting issues that arise during the day‐to‐day running of the IT infrastructure.
We want you to…
- Provide management and day-to-day support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, resolution and escalation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues affecting hardware, software and specific business applications to ensure the client’s staff are able to work efficiently and effectively.
- Liaise with the Service Delivery Manager and offsite Network Operations Centre on project activity and take a lead in resolving infrastructure related issues.
- Deploy end user hardware such as desktops, laptops and tablets, cabling, printers, AV equipment and other peripherals as well as deployment and management of end user software.
- Support business related activities, ensuring that IT and AV are available for use when required.
You have got…
- A good logical approach to problem solving, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to handle administration tasks with accuracy and have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Broad experience of supporting an IT infrastructure with particular emphasis on end user devices.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Experience of working within a structured IT support/helpdesk environment.
- An ability to communicate with multiple audiences at various levels: Board, Executive Team and Department Heads.
- The capability of managing multiple work streams simultaneously, so strong time management skills are a must.
- Experience in the following key technologies:
- Windows 10 & Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Microsoft Office 365 and desktop office suite
- Citrix XenDesktop
- VMware ESXi, vSphere and vCenter
- Business Applications (Dynamics, CRM, Mitel, PowerBI etc)
- Desktop and server hardware
- Networking – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, firewall, WAN
- Meraki wireless and Mobile Device Management
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam
- Video Conferencing solutions
- Anti-virus technologies
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
Due to the nature of our clients, basic DBS is essential.