Careers at Commercial
Production Manager (Print)
Commercial Foundation, Gloucester
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
About the company
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Head of the Foundation, as Production Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, execution and management of the process of print production and fulfilment. With support from the Head of Foundation, ensure that the business can maximise capacity and build a platform for continued sales growth whilst creating opportunities for work skills training for all Young People through the #nolimits programme
The Foundation and No Limits Programme
Commercial Foundation CIC was formed in October 2014. Our clear social mission is to support some of the most disadvantaged young people to become work ready and self-sufficient, leading to lasting positive social impact.
As part of Commercial’s supply chain Commercial Foundation tap into the skills, customers and specialist expertise of Commercial Group to support young people and we hope to raise the aspiration of the business world to follow.
Whilst developing a rolling 12 week no limits programme with fantastic outcomes and success rates in excess of 86%, Commercial Foundation CIC is building a number of income streams and work experience opportunities under the brand WEDO. The aim is to be self-sustaining enterprise by the end of 2018.
WE DO Print was the first business unit in the social enterprise family. WE Do Print is a digital printer providing digital print, branded merchandise, fulfilment and 3D Solutions. WE DO IT, most recently formed, provides a recycling and reselling service of used IT equipment which has been upgraded and donated by Commercial, their customers and suppliers.
- Ensure that all workings are produced in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organisational well-being
- Provide skills and knowledge to young people on the No Limits Programme
- Provide all clients with an excellent service producing high quality and professional products and services
- Manage pricing, costs and productivity in order to generate profit to fund the No Limits Programme
- Manage all permanent operators and young people in the day to day activities in operations
- With Head of Commercial Foundations assess additional income opportunities that may or may not require investment for the board to consider
- Work closely with and support No Limits Programme Manager to motivate and engage Young People to stay on the programme in a personalised way
- Coordinate and monitor the work in production
- Have hands on approach across graphic preparation, production, print, finish, fulfilment, storage and distribution of goods
- Monitor performance and implement improvements
- Ensure quality of products
- Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery
- Provide technical support where necessary.
- Checking the accuracy and viability of the product specification
- Allocating, distributing and checking work with available staff
- Monitoring and maintaining the quality of the order
- Improving processes and cost-efficiency
- Liaising with customer account managers to discuss setbacks in time or processes;
- Keeping contact with customers to ensure specifications are carried out
- Responsible for weekly reporting on production lead times, print capacity, production efficiencies and delivery lead times for all of the Foundations print equipment.
Support to Young People on No limits Programme
- Work closely with NO Limits Programme Manager to provide skills development at a personalised level. Support, motivate and engage Young People so that positive outcomes are achieved.
- Ensure that Safeguarding policies and procedures are followed to ensure that the Foundation remains compliant.
- Provide a duty of care to all stakeholders including disadvantaged young people, colleagues and visitors.
- Highlight safeguarding risks, issues and concerns to Head of Foundations who can take appropriate action as the designated safeguarding officer.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures
- Liaison with top management
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity
- Implement and manage operational plans.
- Supervise and mentor 2x Print Production Operatives
- Organise placement of required staff/young people
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities
- Establish work schedules
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the role.
Satisfactory DBS check required.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.