Careers at Commercial
Print Production Apprentice
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
The successful candidate will work alongside the Production Manager to mentor the young people on our programme to fulfill their daily tasks whilst you train to produce digital print and branded merchandise products as well as how to co-ordinate and complete fulfilment work. The role will provide consistency in a fast-paced production environment, allowing the young people to develop their skills and increase confidence.
Full training will be provided and we will support the successful candidate to achieve their NVQ Level 3 in Digital Printing.
- Use Pre-Press systems including the Xerox Fiery
- Work on Xerox presses, as part of the production team
- Complete finishing tasks to include guillotine, laminating, cutting, creasing and folding
- Training in quality control and how to measure for each production area
- Provide clear and regular communication working alongside Design and Sales Support to provide production updates
- Book dispatch through online courier systems
- Ensure that each job bag is complete and filed accordingly
- Identify and report any production issues as they may arise
- Minimise waste within the print department
- Ensure that all artwork is provided in a print ready format
- Operate a range of heat press machinery to produce personalised items such as mugs, t-shirts and coasters
- Complete a variety of fulfilment orders such as picking, packing and dispatching.
- Maintain machinery
- Monitor stock and replenish
- Communicate with customers as required for lead time and any samples they wish to see
- Work accurately and methodically and pay attention to detail
- Ensure health and safety policies are adhered to, and that the young people are working in a safe and responsible manner
- Lead by example and mentor the young people to encourage and support them in the work place to have increased confidence
- Help the young people have a ‘can do attitude’ with a willingness to learn
- Support the Programme Manager with the daily responsibilities to provide training and mentoring for young people in the skills required to develop their employability skills
- Be a key part of customer demonstrations and site visits
- A keen interest in learning print production and the production of merchandise
- Able to work as part of a team and individually
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage a busy workload and prioritise
- Microsoft proficient
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent (C or above) including Math’s and English
PACKAGE:-Competitive apprentice salary-Opportunity to progress your career in a fast growing Company-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee volunteering scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
- 37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
- Supported to complete NVQ Level 3 in Digital Printing
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service
COMMERCIAL FOUNDATION OVERVIEW
Commercial Foundation supports disadvantaged young people who want to turn their lives around. Our No Limits programme urges them to become the best version of themselves. They develop personal resilience, confidence and practical skills to help them find a job or future career that excites them.
We make it easy for businesses to ‘buy social’, creating a positive impact on young people’s lives. For one reason or another, they have all been through tough times and feel trapped in a negative cycle.
We Do. Print is the print operation within Commercial Foundation that generates the income to fund the No Limits programme. We Do. Print offers a wide range of print services from flyers, brochures and business cards to large format items and promotional merchandise as well as fulfillment work.
Commercial Foundation has a clear social mission, to support some of the most disadvantaged young people to become work ready and self-sufficient, leading to lasting positive social impact.
It is vital to have a good work ethic and relate to the values and social commitments of Commercial Foundation.
Our 12-week No Limits programme involves training, mentoring and support whilst the young people work voluntarily at Commercial Foundation. The young people work in different departments, from design and production to marketing and finance.