Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our Cheltenham office for the position of Pricing Manager for the Office Supplies Division.
This position sits within the senior management team and the successful candidate will report initially to the Northern Sales Director and then following a 12 month handover, will report directly to finance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of existing customer pricing management and new business pricing strategy including an element of supplier management.
The successful candidate will work closely with the sales community (BDM/CDM), the purchasing team suppliers and the sales directors.
The primary responsibilities of the pricing manager are:
Pricing Team Management
- Provide support and guidance to all individuals within the team – currently 3 team members.
- Identify knowledge gaps and provide the appropriate training.
- Ensure all work released from the department is completed to the highest standard and in line with the company’s commercial strategy.
Existing Business price reviews
- Working alongside one of the Pricing Analysts, you will be responsible for ensuring periodic price reviews are being carried out correctly and delivered on time to the sales community.
- You will always be continually looking for areas where improvements can be made to margin and sales revenue, be it from a process or margin perspective.
- Similar to existing business, you will be working alongside the Pricing Analyst and will be responsible for ensuring that all new business proposals are delivered to the sales community effectively and in line with the company’s growth strategy.
- You will also be responsible for finding ways that we can increase our win rate and looking to implement any new process you feel will aid this.
Ad Hoc Pricing
- From time to time, you will be responsible for carrying out and managing the pricing process of our larger clients, be it from either a new or existing business perspective.
Supplier Pricing Management
- You will be responsible for upholding and developing the current relationships that we have with our suppliers.
- A pivotal area to focus on is how we can achieve the best working relationship, from a price perspective, with all suppliers.
Pricing Strategy Development
- Working alongside the senior management team, you will develop a strategic plan that will help to grow the Pricing department and ultimately add significant value to the company.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five years’ industry experience in the field of pricing management.
- Microsoft office proficient, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to manage a busy workload and prioritise
- A full driving licence is required
- Flexibility to travel nationally as may be required from time to time. -25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
- Company car, pool car
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, but flexible for the right candidate. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.