Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our Cheltenham office for the position of Margin Manager for our Office Supplies Division based from our Head Office in Cheltenham.
Working closely with both the Pricing Manager and the Finance Department, the successful candidate will be pivotal within the team to help drive and develop the pricing strategy and thought process that is currently in progress.
- Interrogate data on the Companies’ existing account base to maximise profit outside of PACT renewals on a monthly basis.
- Support quarterly account reviews when the value exceeds 150k by working with the Sales Support Manager on the overall review and the savings that can be passed onto the customer.
- Produce the monthly margin pack for the board, sales teams and individual sales person.
- Hold monthly margin meetings with Sales Management to set objectives and targets based on the data produced which is cascaded down to each sales person through Sales Management and Margin Manager.
- Work alongside Sales Support Manager to ensure all pricing is updated on all internal systems as per Sales supports objectives.
- Agree and set targets in GP% based on the alternatives that are available and product consolidation.
- Produce alternative product reports to offer customers cheaper alternatives and Improve Margin.
- Work with purchasing to highlight any consolidations of product to improve margin.
- Produce products reports by sector e.g. Workplace, printed items, general stationery to consolidate the supply chain and support buying better in the market place.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- We also offer other benefits including a company contributory pension scheme, flexi-time scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
- Microsoft office proficient, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the office products market is desirable but not essential
- Ability to produce detailed reports with supporting information
- Proactive Data Analyst with a proven track record
- Finance driven mentality
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £65m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.