Careers at Commercial
IT Service Desk Analyst
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here at Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our Engineers to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and CCP. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We currently have vacancy in central Bristol as part of a managed service for a leading legal services client, for an experienced IT Service Desk Analyst.
Applicants are required to have had proven experience of working in a busy client facing service desk environment and have exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal). Root cause analysis, incident/problem management experience and time management skills are required to ensure all support requests are appropriately triaged and prioritised in line with contracted service levels. Experience in supporting high level project implementations and existing desktop and server infrastructures are highly desired.
The position primarily involves supporting and troubleshooting all aspects of the firm’s desktop and application environment. The end user experience in using the IT Systems is of paramount importance as a result it is essential that support and service requests are responded to and resolved within strict SLA’s. There will be some exposure to the infrastructure environment so knowledge of some key infrastructure technologies would be beneficial. The candidate would ideally have a minimum of three years relevant experience with most of the technologies listed below:
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2010 and 2013
- Exchange 2013 or later
- Active Directory
- Desktop/laptop set-up, configuration and performance tuning
- Microsoft SCCM
- Web and E-mail Security
- Antivirus Software
- Managed Print Solution software and cost recovery
- Mobility Software - BES, MDM, iOS, Android etc
- Mobile Devices – MDM, Apple, Tablets etc
- Legal Business Applications – Document Management Systems, Finance Systems including time recording, Case management and Digital Dictation etc
It would also be beneficial (but not essential) to have experience of:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- TCP/IP, Routing, VPN and Firewall configuration
- Corporate wireless systems
- Working with remote offices to provide a seamless support experience
Applicants are required to have exceptional customer service and communication skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day
- Monitor support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned in line with clearly defined SLA’s
- Ownership of known issues and problem management acting as an escalation point for the service desk analysts
- Work within an ITIL framework to address issues transparently to ensure operations SLAs are met.
- Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with stakeholders
- ‘Be a Team Player’ and take responsibility for flagging high priority calls
- Occasional requirement to attend remote sites when required
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledgebase
- Adhere to the client’s ISO27001 information security procedures.
- Consult with onsite and offsite teams as required to resolve incidents and develop individual skillset
- Microsoft MCP, MCITP or other IT based certifications would be advantageous
- ITIL certification preferred but not essential
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (including maths and English) at grade C or above
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 5% annual performance bonus
- We also offer benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
Operational hours: 08:30am – 18:30 Monday to Friday.
Shift patterns: (Early – 08.30 – 16.45) (Core – 09.00 – 17.15) (Late – 10.15 – 18.30)
Occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to be DBS and insolvency checked.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.