Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 THIS ROLE CAN CURRENTLY BE CARRIED OUT REMOTELY. HOWEVER THE USUAL PLACE OF WORK IS OUR OFFICE IN CENTRAL BRISTOL.
Our Managed IT Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client.
We currently have a vacancy in central Bristol as part of a managed service for a leading legal services client, for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer
The position primarily involves supporting and troubleshooting all aspects of the firm’s infrastructure. The availability of performant and reliable IT Systems is of paramount importance and as a result it is essential that incidents and known problems are fully investigated and either resolved or mitigated in a timely fashion. There will also be involvement with infrastructure related projects and activities as required to deliver the firms IT Strategy.
We want you to...
- Maintain client infrastructure and investigate issues as and when they arise
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly checks in accordance with best practise
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to design, implement, test and document infrastructure related projects and initiatives
- Work within an ITIL framework to address issues transparently to ensure operations SLAs are met.
- Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with stakeholders
- ‘Be a Team Player’ and take responsibility for flagging high priority calls
- Attend remote sites when required
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledgebase
- Adhere to the client’s ISO27001 information security procedures, including downtime weekends and patching cycles
- Consult with onsite and offsite teams as required to resolve incidents and develop individual skillset
You have got…
The candidate would ideally be certified with VMware VCP (or higher), Citrix CCA (or higher) and Microsoft MCSE or have 5+ years of customer facing hands-on support and installation with the technologies listed below:
- VMware ESX/ESXi
- SAN Technologies (preferably HP)
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Exchange 2016 and DAG
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Clustering
- Server hardware (preferably HP)
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems, ideally Meraki
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and Zerto
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Microsoft Azure / O365
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Provisioning Server
- Citrix Netscaler and Access Gateway
- Multi-factor authentication
- Microsoft SQL 2003 - 2012R2
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
- Anti-virus technologies
- Web and E-mail Security
- Experience of ISO27001
- Supporting legalDMS applications (i.e. iManage)
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money via our employee referral programme
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme and more.
- 37.5 hours to be worked between the hours of 09:00 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
- Occasional travel to other offices and overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.