Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our Head Office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire for an Accounts Clerk. This role is to ensure that cash transactions for the Commercial Group are processed in a timely and highly accurate manner.
You will be part of a small cash team, primarily dealing with large volumes of sales receipts and working closely with credit control, as well as assisting with supplier statement reconciliations. You will be a key contributor to the business helping to ensure the cash team delivers it key objectives.
We want you to…
- Reconcile all BACS payments on bank statements downloaded daily and the identification of all customer sales accounts for payments received on Microsoft Navision accounting systems.
- Download, print, identify and code all remittance advices received throughout the day for reconciliation with monies outstanding on the various sales accounts in preparation for when payments are received.
- Liaise with credit control for missing remittances and any allocation queries.
- Identify any payment queries and report them to credit control promptly.
- Balance control accounts for receipting.
- Transfer any balances between bank accounts for receipts made to incorrect bank.
- Allocate invoices and write offs as and when requested by credit control.
- Deposit cheques daily at the bank.
- Assist with supplier statement reconciliations.
- Scan and save all paperwork on a daily basis.
- Assist with any other functions within the cash team or the wider finance team.
You have got…
- Previous experience working in an accounts department
- IT skills including Excel & Word
- Good interpersonal skills and positive working attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with colleagues
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more