Careers at Commercial
3rd Line Engineer
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
About the company
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here a Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our Engineers to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and CCP. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We currently have a vacancy based from our Head Office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire for an experienced 3nd Line IT Engineer to join the 3rd line team.
The successful candidate will ideally be certified with VMware VCP (or higher), Citrix CCA (or higher) and Microsoft MCSE or have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with the technologies listed below:
- VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi and vCenter (essential)
- HP SAN Technologies
- Microsoft Hyper-V and failover clustering
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012, 2012 R2
- Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and DAG
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Citrix Access Gateway /Netscaler
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
- Anti-virus technologies
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 and 2013
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Microsoft Office 365
- Websense Web and E-mail Security
- Two-factor authentication
- Corporate wireless systems
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
*Applicants are required to have had proven experience of supporting high level project implementations, possess exceptional customer service and communication skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain 3rd line support tickets correctly and keep incidents updated with progress every day
- Monitor 3rd line support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned before SLA
- Take ownership of the entire support process end to end and be the primary customer liaison for the issue.
- Build excellent customer relationships
- ‘Be a Team Player’ and take responsibility for flagging high priority calls
- Assist 1st / 2nd line teams with technical queries to further their knowledge
- Work with third party vendors including Microsoft Citrix and VMware
- Competitive basic salary plus bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
- Company mobile phone
- Company laptop
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the role.
Satisfactory DBS check required.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.