Internal Account Manager (IT Services)
With continued growth in our IT division, we are looking to recruit an Internal Account Manager, who will be the main point of contact for many of our key clients in relation to a wide portfolio of IT products and services.
We are looking for highly motivated people with a strong interest in IT who want to begin or develop their career in IT sales. We will provide support and training so that the successful candidates build confidence and technical expertise to deliver high service levels to clients, and potentially then progress to field based sales roles in the future.
- Work with the sales team on new and existing sales opportunities by assisting with product and service pricing including negotiating with vendors/distributors.
- Build relationships with vendors/distributors and establish key contacts within the industry to ensure we are competitive with proposed solutions to clients.
- Build relationships with new and existing clients via telephone, e-mail and in person when clients come to site at Commercial.
- Provide quotations to clients while being able to convey the proposed solution with understanding of the technology and professionalism via e-mail and telephone. Clear articulation of any solution via the written word or via conversation is essential.
- Generate maximum recurring revenue through the timely and proactive management of software renewals.
- Be able to identify potential upsell opportunities within recurring revenue and work with the aligned Business Development Manager to propose the solution while maximising gross profit.
- Maximise revenue on run-rate hardware and software transactions by ensuring the team follow the correct processes to obtain the most competitive pricing from the vendor.
- Assist IT Sales Support with renewable subscriptions and services such as ISP (Internet Service Provider) Services and warranty agreements.
- Over time to become a valued expert for clients in relevant technology areas, ensuring that Commercial meets clients’ new IT requirements, and has in place relevant warranties and maintenance cover for existing IT equipment / software.
- Continuously strengthen partner and client relationships by being able to talk openly about technology, relevant to business needs. Promote Commercial’s existing solutions and be able to be open to suggesting new solutions that can be added to our portfolio – our key technology partners include Microsoft, HP, Sophos, Citrix, VMware and Virgin Media.
- Build effective working relationships across all departments within IT Services and fulfil the vision of Commercial’s One Group One Goal.
- Registering vendor deal registrations, smart quotes and bids for the Business Development Managers.
- Liaise with manufactures for updated price lists and reformatting for the Business Development Managers where required.
- Be able to work with vendors to maintain and enhance partner status when applicable by maintaining a close working relationship and understanding of what is required of the business to meet the desired targets by following an agreed development plan which will include passing specific accreditations.
What we offer:
- Competitive basic salary plus bonus
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business