Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider, we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here at Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our support staff to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and ITIL. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Technical Consultant/ Design Architect within the Professional Services team in our IT Services division. The role will be based out of our head office in Cheltenham and involves extensive travel to our client sites throughout the UK.
The candidate will work closely with our Solutions Consulting team to produce detailed technical specifications to assist the pre-sales process and thereafter they will be responsible for the technical low level design, implementation and documentation of the solution.
Applicants are required to have had proven technical project design and implementation experience with server/desktop virtualisation offerings from VMware, Citrix and Microsoft and exposure to cloud technologies. The candidate would ideally be certified with VMware VCP and Microsoft MCSE and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects. Attention to detail is a must with a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
Required technical skills:
- Hypervisors (VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and DAG
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPN and WAN environments
- Backup technologies such as Veeam/Symantec
- Anti-virus technologies
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft Azure Site Recovery
- Microsoft Azure design and implementation of workloads in either IAAS or PAAS
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware Horizon
- Citrix XenServer
- Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp
- Citrix NetScaler Gateway
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Corporate wireless systems such as Cisco Meraki, Aruba and Fortinet
- Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Multi-factor authentication
- Microsoft SQL 2014, 2012 and 2008
- Unified Communications including Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Web and E-mail Security
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Sophos Synchronised Security
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
Remuneration & benefits
-Competitive basic salary plus bonus scheme
-Company mobile phone
-25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to be enhanced DBS checked.
About the Company:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to businesses nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey, then we would love to hear from you!