Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy for a Solutions Consultant within the Commercial Managed IT team. The role will be based out of our head office in Cheltenham and involves travel to our client sites throughout the UK.
The candidate will work closely with our SME/mid-market IT Sales team to produce end to end IT solutions. Including chargeable sales engagement, technical demonstrations, solution design and tender response. This will also involve revenue generating technical strategy design in line with business and operational needs.
This role would ideally suit someone already in a Pre-Sales position or working as a Technical Consultant looking to further their career into solution design.
We want you to…
- Have a proven track record in successful delivery of cloud migration and implementations in both Hybrid / Full migration capacities.
- Be ideally be certified with the core industry certifications and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects. Attention to detail is a must with a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
Desired technical skills:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite / Intune
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange including DAG
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPN and WAN environments
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop
- Citrix NetScaler Gateway
- Corporate wireless systems such as Cisco Meraki and Aruba
- Backup technologies such as Veeam/Veritas/Arcserve
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft Azure design and implementation of workloads in either IAAS or PAAS
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware Horizon
- Citrix XenServer
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Multi-factor authentication
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Skype for Business / Teams
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Anti-virus technologies
- Web and E-mail Security
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Sophos UTM and XG firewalls
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more