Careers at Commercial
3rd Line Engineer
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
About the company
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Sales Ledger Team Leader, this role is to ensure that sales ledger transactions for the Commercial Group are processed in a timely and highly accurate manner. You will be part of a small Accounts Receivable Team generating large volumes of sales invoices, credit notes and customer invoice reports, helping to ensure that the business receives payment in a timely manner.
You will be a key contributor to the business helping to ensure the sales ledger function delivers it key objectives.
- The ideal candidate will have sales ledger experience.
- You will be used to dealing with large sales invoice and credit note volumes
- You need to have good IT skills and strong experience of Excel
- You will be a confident communicator, both face to face and over the phone, able to deal with both internal and external customers.
- You will need to be able to work well under pressure
- Process sales invoices on a daily basis
- Process manual credit notes
- Create new customer accounts
- Produce monthly customer invoice reports
- Work closely with Accounts Managers to ensure all invoices are accurate
- Attend occasional customer implementation meetings to gain an understanding of customer report requirements
- Phone and email customers on an occasional basis to obtain key billing data
- Provide reception/ post cover (1 hr per week)
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the role.
Satisfactory DBS check required.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.