Careers at Commercial
Regional Field Engineer - South West
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a regional support vacancy based in the Southwest Region (M5 Corridor) for an experienced IT Support Engineer to provide 2nd/3rd line support across several outsourced managed service clients.
We want you to…
- Provide day-to-day support and management of the school’s ICT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of the staff and students
- Provide management and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, resolution and escalation.
- Deploy end user hardware such as desktops, laptops and tablets, cabling, printers, AV equipment and other peripherals as well as deployment and management of end user software.
- Support school events and activities, ensuring that IT and AV are available for use when required.
You have got…
- Experience of working within enterprise IT environments,
- Certification of VMware VCP (or higher), Citrix CCA (or higher) and Microsoft MCSE
- Experience of customer facing hands-on support, maintenance and installation with the technologies listed below:
- VMware ESX/ESXi
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server 2008, 2008R2 and 2012R2
- Exchange 2010, 2013, DAG, Office 365
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Provisioning Server
- Server hardware (preferably HP)
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
- Apple device management including deploy studio
- Audio & Visual Equipment, interactive whiteboards and projectors
- Experience of:
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Citrix Netscaler and Access Gateway
- Microsoft SQL 2003 - 2012R2
- Anti-virus technologies
- Web, E-mail Security and child safeguarding
- Experience of ISO27001
- Educational MIS systems (SIMS, Schoolbase, etc).
- Teaching and learning applications and hardware
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Provide additional expertise and bandwidth to existing support staff across multiple sites whilst liaising with Commercial’s Network Operations Centre in Cheltenham,
- The ability to quickly assess, resolve and escalate support issues to meet agreed service levels as well take ownership of more complex support requests.
- Proven experience of technical project implementation and troubleshooting
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with an ability to develop and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Attention to detail and a methodical, professional and flexible approach to service delivery including appropriate due diligence, planning, documentation and engagement with clients stakeholders, management, support staff and third parties.
- Competitive salary
- Company car, laptop, mobile phone
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential