Careers at Commercial
Regional Field Engineer - South West
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a regional support vacancy based in the Southwest Region (M5 Corridor) for an experienced IT Support Engineer to provide 2nd/3rd line support across several outsourced managed service clients.
We want you to…
- Provide day-to-day support and management of our client’s ICT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of service stakeholders and users.
- Provide management and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, resolution and escalation.
- Deploy end user hardware such as desktops, laptops and tablets, cabling, printers, AV equipment and other peripherals as well as deployment and management of end user software.
- Support IT projects and activities, ensuring that IT systems are always reliable and performant
- Provide additional expertise and bandwidth to existing support staff across multiple sites whilst liaising with Commercial’s Network Operations Centre in Cheltenham,
You have got…
- Experience of working within enterprise IT environments,
- Certification of Microsoft MCP/MCSE, VMware VCP, CompTIA, Citrix CCA or equivalent
- The ability to quickly assess, resolve and escalate support issues to meet agreed service levels as well take ownership of more complex support requests.
- Proven experience of technical project implementation and troubleshooting
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with an ability to develop and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Attention to detail and a methodical, professional and flexible approach to service delivery including appropriate due diligence, planning, documentation and engagement with clients stakeholders, management, support staff and third parties.
- Experience of customer facing hands-on support, maintenance and installation with the technologies listed below:
- Windows 7 & 10 operations Systems
- Desktops, Laptops & mobile devices
- Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Exchange, Office 365
- Printers, MFD’s and associated software
- Server and storage technologies (HP, Dell)
- Network technologies - switching, routing and firewall configuration, wireless
- Anti-virus technologies
- Backup Technologies
- Audio & Visual Equipment, interactive whiteboards and projectors
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Citrix Netscaler and Access Gateway
- Web, E-mail Security and child safeguarding
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop
- Experience of ISO27001
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Competitive salary
- Company car, laptop, mobile phone
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential