Careers at Commercial
Regional Field Engineer - M4 East
M4 East (Oxford - Essex)
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a regional support vacancy based around the M4 East corridor for an experienced IT Support Engineer to provide 2nd/3rd line support across several outsourced managed service clients.
Our Clients are based in Oxford, Reading, Bracknell, West London and Essex so you will be required to travel around these areas.
We want you to…
- Provide day-to-day support and management of our client’s ICT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of service stakeholders and users.
- Provide management and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, resolution and escalation.
- Deploy end user hardware such as desktops, laptops and tablets, cabling, printers, AV equipment and other peripherals as well as deployment and management of end user software.
- Support IT projects and activities, ensuring that IT systems are reliable and performant at all times.
- Provide additional expertise and bandwidth to existing support staff across multiple sites whilst liaising with Commercial’s Network Operations Centre in Cheltenham,
- Quickly assess, resolve and escalate support issues to meet agreed service levels as well take ownership of more complex support requests.
You have got…
- Experience of working within enterprise IT environments
- Proven experience of technical project implementation and troubleshooting
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with an ability to develop and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Attention to detail and a methodical, professional and flexible approach to service delivery including appropriate due diligence, planning, documentation and engagement with clients stakeholders, management, support staff and third parties.
- Certification of Microsoft MCP/MCSE, VMware VCP, CompTIA, Citrix CCA or equivalent
Experience of customer facing hands-on support, maintenance and installation with the technologies listed below:
- Windows 7 & 10 operations Systems
- Desktops, Laptops & mobile devices
- Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Exchange, Office 365
- Printers, MFD’s and associated software
- Server and storage technologies (HP, Dell)
- Network technologies - switching, routing and firewall configuration, wireless
- Anti-virus technologies
- Backup Technologies
- Audio & Visual Equipment, interactive whiteboards and projectors
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Citrix Netscaler and Access Gateway
- Web, E-mail Security and child safeguarding
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop
- Experience of ISO27001
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Competitive salary
- Company car, laptop, mobile phone
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential