Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our Head Office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire for a Purchasing Assistant within our Office Supplies Division.
The key purpose of the role is to effectively support our expanding Account Management Team, who currently manager over 2000 accounts, with nearly 70% of these ordering electronically. This team in turn supports the Business Development Managers who are field based and responsible for gaining new business. This is a vital role to maintain the day to day running of the Office Supplies Division and continues to improve the standard of efficiency and service levels to our customers.
WE WANT YOU TO...
- Place stationery orders with our bank of approved suppliers
- Chase delivery dates & updating our internal ERP system
- Place stationery returns & chasing collection dates on faulty or unrequired items
- Source products for our Sales & Customer Service Team
- Load catalogues on our ERP system
- Set up new products on Internal ERP system & External Customer ordering system
- Invoice query resolution
- Build & maintain relations with colleagues & external suppliers
- Attend regular training sessions to improve product knowledge
- Attend regular account reviews with suppliers
YOU HAVE GOT...
- Previous administration and customer service experience
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent), including Maths & English
- The drive for a challenging and varied role
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- The ability to work under pressure
- A flexible approach to manage busy a workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
37.5 hours per week to be worked in a shift pattern between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm and 9:30am – 6:00pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.