Careers at Commercial
Print Support Manager
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our Head Office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire for an experienced Print Support Manager. The key purpose of the role is to support the Print BDM team in all aspects of new business and tender activity.
Our Print Department is a specialised division who look after the print requirements of customers across the Commercial Group, as well as providing them with specialised knowledge and expert advice.
No printed item is the same, even for the same client; therefore the Print Account Managers work to provide a bespoke solution to every print need - ranging from storage and distribution to artwork creation and provision of a complete printed item catalogue. We provide our clients with the means to place their orders in the most effective manner utilising web2print, online print on demand and manual orders via email while still supporting the clients overall needs for invoicing and delivery.
As a department we work very closely with internal service users such as the Business Development Managers and the Corporate Account Managers.
Roles and pricing
- Obtain pricing for all print tenders
- Complete print element of tender response
- Keep Print FAQ’s up to date
- Support Print BDM team with all pricing activity
- Alternative and bespoke product sourcing securing best price possible
- Benchmark Suppliers and record results to be used during Supplier assessments
- Liaise with Print Implementation Manager post contract award with pricing details
- Liaise with relevant implementation team member during implementation with tender proposal details
- Effective handover to allocated PAM during implementation
- Support allocated PAM with gap fill opportunities
- Ensure that suppliers have all of the necessary information to provide pricing
- Evaluate and benchmark potential new suppliers
- Update supplier master file
- Visit suppliers for account reviews
- Monitor of supplier performance and feedback to Head of Print Management
- Communicate account based information to suppliers to ensure that the clients brand is protected
- Preferably previously worked or currently working in a print environment
- An understanding of origination and print processes
- Good client services skills
- Excellent excel skills
- Effective team player
- Clear communicator
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Competitive basic salary plus bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 29 days
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, flexi-time scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.