Careers at Commercial
Print Production Apprentice
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking for a Print Production Apprentice to join our thriving Print Team.The successful candidate will produce digital print and branded merchandise products as well as co-ordinating and completing fulfilment work.
Full training will be provided and we will support the successful candidate to achieve their Business and Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship.
We want you to…
- Operate a range of heat press machinery to produce personalised items such as mugs, t-shirts and coasters
- Operate Xerox presses and Canon large format printer, as part of the production team.
- Operate a range of finishing equipment; including guillotine, trimmer, laminator/foiler, and slitter/cutter/creaser
- Use pre-press systems including Adobe suite (Illustrator, InDesign) and Xerox Fiery Workstation(s)
- Use our integrated order and quotation processing system (NAV Dynamics)
- Check off and unload deliveries into allocated storage and replenish stock accordingly
- Placing orders with our bank of approved suppliers
- Set up new products on Internal ERP system & External Customer ordering system
- Attend regular training sessions to improve product knowledge
- Complete a variety of fulfilment orders such as picking, packing and dispatching.
You have got…
- A keen interest in learning print production and the production of merchandise
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- The ability to work under pressure and to manage a busy workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Adobe knowledge is preferred but not essential
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent (C or above) including Maths and English
- The ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with colleagues
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Competitive starting salary, rising after completion of apprenticeship
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
37.5 hours per week to be worked between 8.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.