Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
About the company
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
We currently have a vacancy for a Network Manager within the Business Solutions Team based at the Head Office in Cheltenham. As Network Manager you will manage and administer the IT infrastructure of Networks, Servers and PCs and to deliver an efficient level of service to the wider business. The successful candidate will oversee and maintain backup, disaster recovery and business continuity of systems and to manage the security of the company’s IT and data assets utilizing appropriate firewall, cyber security and network security policies.
Applicants are required to have proven experience of working in a similar role with a similar user base, technical project implementation and troubleshooting, possess exceptional customer service and communication skills with an ability to develop and build strong stakeholder relationships.
Attention to detail is a must with a methodical and professional approach to service delivery including appropriate due diligence, planning, documentation and engagement with management, support staff and third parties.
- VMware ESX/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016
- Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016
- SAN Technologies
- Server hardware (preferably HP)
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Domain Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems
- Backup technologies (Veeam etc)
- Disaster Recover/Business Continuity
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop
- Microsoft SQL 2003 - 2016
- Anti-virus & security technologies
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Azure IAAS, Office 365
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Laptop and Company Mobile Phone
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the role.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.