Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy in Cheltenham for an experienced IT Network Manager working within a leading foundation school.
We want you to…
- Be responsible for the day-to-day provision of support and management of the school’s ICT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of the staff and students
- Be responsible for management and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, and resolution.
- Prioritise workloads to maintain service levels and service KPI’s within a structured service framework.
- Manage on site IT support team.
- Drive the strategic planning of IT provision in the school.
- Work with the school management in the preparation and management of IT budgets.
YOU HAVE GOT…
- Proven experience of leading and developing IT support services demonstrating exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Management / supervisory experience
- Experience of ITIL based service management and/or development of IT services within the educational sector will be a distinct advantage
- Attention to detail with a methodical and professional approach to service delivery including appropriate due diligence, planning, documentation and engagement with service management, offsite support staff and third parties.
- Experience of working within an education environment and be certified with Office 365, Azure or Microsoft MCSA/MCSE or have proven experience of customer facing hands-on support, maintenance and installation with the technologies listed below:
- VMware ESX/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Exchange, Office 365
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop
- Server hardware (preferably HP)
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Domain Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential