Careers at Commercial
Ross on Wye
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We have a vacancy based at an education Managed Service client in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire for an experienced IT Network Manager to provide leadership to the current IT team, support all stakeholders (teaching and support Staff, students, visitors and guests), develop and support the running of the school’s ICT systems.
We want you to…
- Be responsible for the day-to-day provision of support and management of the school’s ICT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of the staff and students
- Be responsible for management and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, and resolution.
- Prioritise workloads to maintain service levels and service KPI’s within a structured service framework.
- Manage on site IT support team.
- Drive the strategic planning of IT provision in the school.
- Work with the school management in the preparation and management of IT budgets.
You have got...
- Proven experience of leading and developing IT support services demonstrating exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Management / supervisory experience
- Experience of ITIL based service management and/or development of IT services within the educational sector will be a distinct advantage
- Attention to detail with a methodical and professional approach to service delivery including appropriate due diligence, planning, documentation and engagement with service management, offsite support staff and third parties.
- Experience of working within an education environment and be certified with Office 365, Azure or Microsoft MCSA/MCSE or have proven experience of customer facing hands-on support, maintenance and installation with the technologies listed below:
- Knowledge of virtualisation solutions, preferably Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN Technologies (preferably HP)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016/2019
- Exchange, Office 365
- Server hardware (preferably HP)
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Domain Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential.
- The post holder will be required to comply with the school’s policies and procedures.
- The school has a no smoking and vaping policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke or vape on any of the school’s premises nor in any vehicle used on school business.
- The post holder will promote the school’s Health and Safety at Work policies and ensure that these are implemented effectively within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Employees have a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is an essential requirement that staff are aware of the Herefordshire Safeguarding procedures for sharing information about the welfare of any person for whom they have safeguarding concerns. Staff have a duty to ensure that they attend training to enable them to recognise the indicators for concerning behaviour and receive safeguarding supervision as appropriate.