Careers at Commercial
Multi-Drop Delivery Driver
Available on request
Full-Time 40 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our office in Perivale, London for a Multi-drop Delivery Driver.
The key purpose of the role is to be responsible for the efficient, timely and safe delivery/collection of goods and services to our customers.
We want you to…
- Arrive as per your rota time, load the vehicle and leave promptly within approximately 30 minutes.
- Ensure all deliveries are made via the most efficient route bearing in mind customer priorities.
- Maintain accurate records and completion of manifests time of delivery, signature & name.
- Collect customer returns within 48 hours ensuring procedures for customer returns are followed as laid down in Commercial Best Practice. (CBP)
- Ensure supplier collections are completed within specified time period.
- Be responsible for care and cleanliness of vehicle
- Ensure your vehicle is roadworthy. All faults, service issues and accidents must be reported immediately to the Fleet Supervisor
- Have good market awareness and bring to the attention of the relevant department or Manager any competitor activity, customer comments and complaints.
- Drive courteously and carefully at all times
- Present a professional image and conduct yourself as an ambassador for the company whilst driving a branded van and wearing the Commercial uniform
- Follow all company procedures as set in Commercial Best Practice (CBP) and Commercial New Starter Pack
- Attend occasional training sessions and undertake training as required
- Attend annual PDRS, 1-2-1s and other meetings as required.
- Attend quarterly Drivers Meeting
- Assist in other areas to meet the varying demands of business.
- Complete vehicle maintenance checks on time
Under NO circumstances can deliveries be aborted without prior consent from the Operations Manager.
You have got…
- A full UK Driving License including B1 (No points)
- An excellent knowledge of London roads
- Excellent customer care skills
- A minimum of two years delivery driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A pro-active, positive attitude
- A methodical, resourceful approach to work
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
Our core business hours are 40 per week (6:00am – 3.00pm Monday to Friday) although occasional overtime may be required