Careers at Commercial
Multi-drop Delivery Driver
Available on request
Full-Time 40 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our office in Perivale, London for a Multi-drop Delivery Driver. The key purpose of the role is to be responsible for the efficient, timely and safe delivery/collection of goods and services to our customers.
We want you to…
- Arrive as per your rota time, load the vehicle and leave promptly within approximately 30 minutes.
- Ensure all deliveries are made via the most efficient route bearing in mind customer priorities.
- Maintain accurate records and completion of manifests Time of delivery, signature & name.
- Collect customer returns within 48 hours ensuring procedures for customer returns are followed as laid down in Commercial Best Practice. (CBP)
- Ensure supplier collections are completed within specified time period.
- Be responsible for care and cleanliness of vehicle
- Ensure your vehicle is roadworthy. All faults, service issues and accidents must be reported immediately to the Fleet Supervisor
- Have good market awareness and bring to the attention of the relevant department or Manager any competitor activity, customer comments and complaints.
- Drive courteously and carefully at all times
- Present a professional image and conduct yourself as an ambassador for the company whilst driving a branded van and wearing the Commercial uniform
- Follow all company procedures as set in Commercial Best Practice (CBP) and Commercial New Starter Pack
- Attend occasional training sessions and undertake training as required
- Attend annual Commercial Review Evening.
- Attend quarterly Drivers Meeting
- Assist in other areas to meet the varying demands of business.
- Complete vehicle maintenance checks on time
Under NO circumstances can deliveries be aborted without prior consent from the Distribution Manager.
You have got…
- A full UK Driving License including B1 (No points)
- An excellent knowledge of London roads
- Excellent customer care skills
- A minimum of two years delivery driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A pro-active, positive attitude
- A methodical, resourceful approach to work
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
40 hours per week. Monday to Friday, 5.00am start. Occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.