Careers at Commercial
IT Support Technician
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We have a vacancy based at an manufacturing managed service client in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire for an experienced ICT Technician to provide support to all stakeholders, provide overlay support to the companies international sites (Italy, Ireland & Thailand) and support the day‐to‐day running of the companies ICT systems.
We want you to…
- Provide day-to-day support and management of the ICT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide management and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, resolution and escalation.
- Deploy end user hardware such as desktops, laptops and tablets, cabling, printers, AV equipment and other peripherals as well as deployment and management of end user software.
- Support business events and activities, ensuring that IT and AV are available for use when required.
You have got…
- A good logical approach to problem solving, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to handle administration tasks with accuracy and have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Broad experience of supporting an IT infrastructure with particular emphasis on end user devices and support within a corporate environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, VMWare, desktop applications and associated hardware such as laptops, desktops, printers and peripherals.
- Experience of working within a structured IT support/helpdesk environment
- An ability to communicate with multiple audiences at various levels within different countries.
- The capability of managing multiple work streams simultaneously so strong time management skills are a must.
- Experience in the following key technologies:
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2012R2, 2016 & 2019
- Desktop and server hardware
- VMware vSpherevCenter
- Microsoft Office 365 and desktop office suite
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Networking – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, firewall, wireless, WAN
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam
- Mobile device management – mainly Apple iOS & Android devices
- Audio & Visual Equipment e.g. video conferencing.
- Anti-virus technologies
- It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- SAN Technologies
- Microsoft Remote Desktop technologies
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more