Careers at Commercial
IT Support Technician
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We have a vacancy based at an Education managed service client in Reading for an experienced ICT Technician to provide support to all stakeholders (Teaching and Support Staff, Students, Visitors and Guests), provide overlay support partner sites and support the day‐to‐day running of the school’s ICT systems.
We want you to…
- Provide day-to-day support and management of the school’s ICT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of the staff and students
- Provide management and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data within defined SLA’s to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, resolution and escalation.
- Deploy end user hardware such as desktops, laptops and tablets, cabling, printers, AV equipment and other peripherals as well as deployment and management of end user software.
- Support school events and activities, ensuring that IT and AV are available for use when required.
You have got…
- A good logical approach to problem solving, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to handle administration tasks with accuracy and have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Broad experience of supporting an IT infrastructure with particular emphasis on end user devices and support within an educational environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, VMWare, desktop applications and associated hardware such as laptops, desktops, printers and peripherals.
- Experience of working within a structured IT support/helpdesk environment
- An ability to communicate with multiple audiences at various levels: SLT, teachers, support staff and students.
- The capability of managing multiple work streams simultaneously so strong time management skills are a must.
- Experience in the following key technologies:
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2016, and 2019
- Desktop and server hardware
- VMware vSpherevCenter
- Microsoft Office 365 and desktop office suite
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Networking – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, firewall, wireless, WAN
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
- Mobile device management - Apple, Chromebook etc
- Audio & Visual Equipment, interactive screens, whiteboards and projectors
- Anti-virus technologies
- It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- SAN Technologies
- Citrix Virtual desktop technologies
- Web, E-mail Security and child safeguarding
- Educational MIS systems (SIMS, Schoolbase, etc).
- Teaching and learning applications and hardware
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential