Careers at Commercial
IT Support Engineer
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here a Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our Engineers to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and CCP. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We currently have a vacancy in Abingdon, as part of a managed service, for a leading legal services client, for an experienced IT Support Engineer.
Applicants are required to have had proven experience of working in a busy client facing service desk environment and have exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal). Root cause analysis, incident/problem management experience and time management skills are required to ensure all support requests are appropriately triaged and prioritised in line with contracted service levels.
The position primarily involves supporting and troubleshooting all aspects of the firm’s desktop and application environment. The end user experience in using the IT Systems is of paramount importance as a result it is essential that support and service requests are responded to and resolved within strict SLA’s. There will be some exposure to the infrastructure environment so knowledge of some key infrastructure technologies would be beneficial. The candidate would ideally have a minimum of three years relevant experience with most of the technologies listed below:
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2010, 2013. 2016
- Supporting business applications
- Exchange andor Office 365
- Active Directory
- Desktop/laptop set-up, configuration, troubleshooting
- Microsoft WDSMDT
- Web and E-mail Security
- Antivirus Software
- Printer support
- Basic networking skills TCP/IP, patching, troubleshooting
It would also be beneficial (but not essential) to have experience of:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
- Microsoft Remote Desktop ServicesCitrix
- Corporate wireless systems
- Backup technologies
Applicants are required to have exceptional customer service and communication skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain support tickets and keep service users updated with progress
- Monitor support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned in line with clearly defined SLA’s
- Proactive management and ownership of assigned support requests, tasks and projects
- Resolve IT support requests in a timely manner and manager user expectations
- Work within an ITILindustry best practice framework to maintain service quality
- Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with staff
- ‘Be a Team Player’ and take personal responsibility for delighting customers and colleagues
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the collective knowledge of the support team
- Collaborate with onsite and offsite teams as required to resolve incidents
- Improve skills and capabilities through personal development and training
Microsoft MCP, MCITP or other IT based certifications would be advantageous
ITIL certification preferred but not essential
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (including maths and English) at grade C or above
- Competitive basic salary
- Support to complete training and certifications
- Opportunity to develop your skills and progress your career in a fast growing Company
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, flexi-time, employee volunteering scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Operational hours: 09:00 – 17:30 & 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday (Staggered shift pattern). Occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to receive basic DBS check
Want to work here?
Contact our Talent Acquisition Partner Stella Hall for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.