Careers at Commercial
IT Operations Manager
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Commercial’s Managed IT Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s most prestigious organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our enterprise solutions and industry leading Managed IT support services are tailored to the specific requirements of each client delivering business advantage through innovation and service excellence.
This exciting role is based in a UK-Top 100 national law firm providing a comprehensive range of legal and advisory services to over 800 businesses as well as being a market-leading firm within health and social care, housing and local and central government.
The client’s award-winning teams provide commercial, corporate, property, regulatory, employment and litigation (commercial and clinical negligence) legal advice from offices based in London, Bristol and Birmingham with over 60 partners and 450 staff.
IT innovation and transformation is at the heart of the client’s IT strategy which aims to develop services and solutions to create the technological advantage the firm requires to support its strategic goals.
Reporting to the firm’s Transformation & Operations Director, the IT Operations Manager is an integral part of the senior leadership team and leads the firm's Innovation and IT Operations Committee which reports in to the Partner Executive. The purpose of the role is to develop and implement the firm's technology strategy and to direct and manage the delivery of an effective IT service throughout the firm.
The role holder will be accountable for driving and enabling innovation and productivity within the firm through the delivery and management of reliable, transformational and innovative technology solutions creating positive change programmes from planning though to implementation and communication.
You will be working closely with service stakeholders and key users to identify ways in which "new technology" (technology, process and software) might enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the firm's legal work, the service provided to clients and the support services.
WE WANT YOU TO…
- Be responsible for overall operation and management of the firm’s business critical IT services
- Be accountable for governance, policy, process, procedure across support, infrastructure & application disciplines
- Head up the Innovation and IT Operations Committee
- Advise, manage and deliver the firm’s ‘Cloud first’ IT strategy in line with strategic vision & design principles
- Be the key point of liaison and escalation to the business, service providers and support staff
- Ensure the team is cohesive and collectively and as individuals, focused on providing the highest standards of service to users both in the technology they use and the day to day support they receive
- Set and review/evaluate objectives for the team which are attuned to the varying and changing needs of the firm
- Manage operational and project budgets and associated reporting
- Be responsible for IT supplier engagement – procurement, commercial management and performance
- Maintain information Security accreditations e.g. ISO270001 and Cyber Essentials Plus
- Manage and deliver project portfolio including change, communication and transition planning
- Ensure that the Managed Service is represented and integrated across the firm and positioned as a trusted and respected business partner
- Promote a culture of continuous service improvement and operational excellence and be a role model to help achieve this within the wider business services teams
YOU HAVE GOT....
Strong working experience in the following areas:
- Legal applications such as iManage, Mattersphere, BigHand, HighQ etc.
- Cloud Services – Office 365, Azure, SaaS including migration and management
- Managed Service Provider services, operations and contracts
- ITIL, Prince2, ISO 27001, 9001, Cyber Essentials
- Enterprise IT infrastructure (Wintel, Virtualisation, VDI, SAN)
- Communication systems, telephony, email, VC etc.
- Corporate WiFi, BYOD, LAN, WAN, networking principles
- Security technologies, anti-virus, content filtering, phishing, DLP
- Backup, DR & business continuity planningVMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
The role requires an experienced IT management professional who is exceptionally well organised and service focussed, is used to managing a diverse workload to agreed deadlines, has excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills and can deliver projects to time, cost and quality targets.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in an IT Management role within the legal sector, experience of planning and managing budgets and a strong commitment to service improvement and team development.
You will have a proven track record of successfully delivering transformational projects and providing leadership to a highly skilled and multi-disciplined team, third party service providers and wider support networks to ensure that business critical services are performant, reliable and resilient. You will use your experience, insight and management skills to deliver key management information that will drive innovation, investment, ROI and increase service value.
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
Operational hours: 08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday (Staggered shift pattern).
Occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to complete Basic Disclosure, insolvency and SRA vetting