Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We have a vacancy for an experienced IT Manager for an Exeter based charity that provides high quality palliative care service to patients with life-limiting illnesses. This is a diverse and varied role that will encompass all aspects of IT across the client’s retail network, in home care services at and Hospice. This is a hands on role that will require strong technical skills, an open and collaborative approach as well as great customer service and management skills.
We want you to…
- Be responsible for the day-to-day provision of support and management of the client’s IT resources ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of the organisation
- Be responsible for management, maintenance and support of the client’s core infrastructure, services and data to ensure a continuity of service to all users including fault diagnosis, and resolution.
- Prioritise workloads to maintain service levels and service KPI’s within a structured ITIL service framework.
- Develop and support strategic planning of IT provision in the organisation
- Support the development and management of IT budgets.
- Manage and deliver tactical and strategic technology projects and technology roadmap
- Provide support across multiple sites working in collaboration with Commercial’s Network Operations Centre in Cheltenham
You have got…
- Experience of working within enterprise IT environments,
- Certification of Microsoft MCP, MCSA, CompTIA A+N+, ITIL or similar
- Experience of customer facing hands-on support, maintenance and installation with the technologies listed below:
- Knowledge of virtualisation solutions, (VMWare, HyperV)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Exchange, Office 365
- Server hardware
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Domain Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems
- Backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
- Enterprise security technologies and best practice
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- The ability to quickly assess, resolve and escalate support issues to meet agreed service levels as well take ownership of more complex support requests.
- Proven experience of technical implementation and troubleshooting
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with an ability to develop and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Attention to detail and a methodical, professional and flexible approach to service delivery including appropriate due diligence, planning, documentation and engagement with clients stakeholders, management, support staff and third parties.
- Competitive salary
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential