Careers at Commercial
IT Developer & Application Support Analyst
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Located in one of Commercial’s Managed IT clients, the on-site IT Team is responsible for supporting all Business Applications and Infrastructure within a nationwide UK Law firm covering four sites and over 450 users.
We currently have a vacancy for an IT Developer and Application Support Analyst within the IT Team. You will be required to work across a broad range of business systems and be a confident developer with a good understanding of programming languages such as C# or .Net. Ideally you will have had hands on experience of using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), to deploy software and security patches. An understanding and interest of workflow development or exposure to legal applications would be advantageous.
We want you to...
- Understand documented business processes and develop code in order to meet the desired objectives.
- Undertake accurate unit testing as part of the development process prior to UAT release.
- Update all necessary documentation in relation to all development code created
- Investigate and resolve customer functionality/data issues.
- Perform 2nd / 3rd line application related trouble shooting tasks on key business applications.
- Build strong and reliable relationships with 3rd party application vendors in order to escalate and resolve issues as required.
- Deploy security updates, patches and configure AV definitions in line with the firms ISO27001 obligations and expectations
- Test and deploy application related, upgrades, hotfixes and changes.
- Ensure Customer Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded at all times.
- Provide assistance to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Occasionally assist with 1st line troubleshooting to support the Service Desk function.
- Participate in weekly change and relevant team meetings
- Actively contribute to the overall IT programme of work
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies
You have got…
- Experience in C# and/or .Net programming, Microsoft SCCM 2012 /2016 and Microsoft SQL Server – 2008/2012/2014
- Strong communication skills
- A high attention to detail in your approach to tasks
- The ability to work under pressure and cope with frequent interruptions
- Proven support experience with critical Business System Applications
- A natural aptitude for IT software environments
- The flexible to support systems out of normal business hours
- Experience in Workflow Development
- Legal applications experience
- TSQL and Stored Procedure creation
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- A keen interest in mobile devices and mobile application technologies
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential