Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for an IT Apprentice to join our IT Support team based in Cheltenham. Commercial will provide full training to the successful candidate, as well as having structured learning objectives throughout. Upon successful completion of the IT Apprentice scheme the candidate will gain an industry standard certification and will be offered a full time position with our IT Support Team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about IT and will be looking to progress their career in a leading IT Company. Upon successful completion of the IT apprentice scheme Commercial will continue to invest in training, personal development and support the candidate to progress through the Company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide 1st line support to clients - via telephone, email and remote working
- Monitor 1st line support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned before SLA
- Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system
- Handle telephone calls and emails from clients and create support incidents as needed
- Help to develop guides to aid training
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs
Part of this role includes the requirement to maintain excellent relations with the customer and other resolver groups, guiding and aiding effective incident resolutions, maintaining a knowledge base of known errors and resolutions. As the first line of contact with customers you must maintain a professional and corporate image of the Company at all times.
- The ideal candidate would ideally have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above, and must be able to demonstrate good problem solving skills in addition to the following:
- Excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Workstations and office packages, i.e. Office 2007 -2013, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems in a business environment
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools
- Ability to communicate technical information to the user estate with a genuine desire to assist the customer
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn and progress
- Be motivated to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
-Up to £10,000 per annum basic salary for the first year, increasing in line with the Living Wage upon successful completion of the Apprentice scheme
-Up to £1,000 bonus per annum (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
-25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 29 days
-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional paid overtime may be required to meet the demands of the role. The successful candidate will also be allowed paid time off to attend college/training courses where necessary.
Due to the nature of our clients enhanced DBS is essential.