Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy in central Bristol, as part of a managed service for a leading legal services client, for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer.
The candidate would ideally be certified with VMware VCP (or higher), Citrix CCA (or higher) and Microsoft MCSE or have 5+ years of customer facing hands-on support and installation with the technologies listed below:
- VMware vSphere clusters, vCentre
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
- Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013 and DAG
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Clustering
- Server hardware (preferably HP)
- Active Directory, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Corporate wireless systems
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Provisioning Server
- Citrix Netscaler and Access Gateway
- Citrix XenServer
- Two-factor authentication
- Microsoft SQL 2003 - 2012R2
- Microsoft Lync 2010 and 2013
- Anti-virus technologies
- Web and E-mail Security
- Experience of ISO27001
- Supporting legalDMS applications (i.e. HP iManage)
- Mobile Device and Application Management
Applicants are required to have had proven experience of high level project implementations, possess exceptional customer service and communication skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
VMware VCP, Citrix CCA, Microsoft MCSE would be distinct advantage
ITIL certification preferred but not essential
Remuneration & benefits
- Competitive basic salary
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
Typically 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. However, due to the nature of the role, flexibility towards working outside normal hours of operation will be expected as well occasional travel to other UK sites.
Applicants must be willing to be basicDBS checked
Applicants must be prepared to travel with occasional overnight stays required.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.