Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
About the Company:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £65m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here a Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our Engineers to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and CCP. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We have a vacancy based at an Education managed service client in Central London for an experienced ICT Technician to act as 1st Line Support to all stakeholders (Teaching and Support Staff, Students, Visitors and Guests), provide overlay support partner sites and community groups and assist the ICT Infrastructure Engineer with the day‐to‐day running of the school’s ICT systems.
The ideal candidate should have a good logical approach to problem solving, excellent communication skills, and the ability to handle administration tasks with accuracy and have a willingness to learn new skills. We are looking for someone with experience of supporting an IT infrastructure with particular emphasis on end user devices and support within an educational environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills would ideally have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, desktop applications and associated hardware such as laptops, desktops, printers and peripherals.
Experience of working within a structured IT support/helpdesk environment is desired. An ability to communicate with multiple audiences at various levels: teachers, support staff and students. You will also be involved in structuring, documenting and presenting information and must be capable of managing multiple work streams simultaneously.
- To advise on all aspects of the school’s ICT resources, ensuring that there is adequate provision to meet the needs of the staff and students.
- Work with site ICT Infrastructure Engineer and Management Teams in developing innovative solutions for e‐learning and in developing innovative solutions to e‐learning.
- Be responsible for all PCs and Laptops, including their configuration and advising on upgrades where required.
- Respond to staff requests for support with use of hardware.
- Respond to hardware issues on PCs and Laptops.
- Work with the ICT Infrastructure Engineers to move, install and configure hardware inclusive of computers, servers, cabling, printers and other peripherals.
- Install and configure software applications and updates on both networked and standalone PCs and mobile devices.
- Assist in the management of user areas, ensuring that unwanted files are deleted.
- Monitor daily backups and report any problems to the ICT Infrastructure Engineer as required.
- Log and repair any problems or faults with the hardware and software, informing the ICT Infrastructure Engineer of any patterns of failure.
- Create new user accounts for students, staff and other users to the school network, ensuring file security and access to appropriate material only, whilst ensuring system security at all times.
- Develop and promote use of the school website, intranet and VLE facilities.
Repair and Maintenance:
- Be responsible for the upkeep of all PCs and Laptops, repairing where possible or replacing where required.
- Liaise with external agencies to arrange and manage repairs.
- Troubleshoot problems that occur in the day‐to‐day use of the managed print systems, such as printer jams, clearing print queues and replacing ink
Health and Safety:
- Become well versed in safety procedures in respect of IT systems hardware.
- Work with the ICT Infrastructure Engineer to ensure that all equipment meets Health and Safety standards inclusive of electrical safety.
- Liaise with the Site Team to arrange and help carry out PAT testing of all ICT Equipment.
- Update and maintain the inventory of all IT system hardware, software and licences, reporting anyproblems to the ICT Infrastructure Engineers.
- Maintain the Asset Register as and when required.
- Encourage and train staff in the use of ICT hardware and software when required
- Assist teaching staff and pupils in the use of hardware and software as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as deemed necessary to ensure a high standard of ICT Systems within the school.
- Competitive basic salary
- Bonus scheme upon achievement of KPI’s
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, Cycle to work scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Normal place of work will be central London, however, travel to other sites may be required.
Applicants must be willing to be enhanced DBS checked.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.