Careers at Commercial
HR & Reward Executive
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Commercial are expanding our HR Team! The HR & Reward Executive will manage the collation and submission of monthly payroll information to our outsourced Payroll provider and provide effective HR and recruitment administration support to our 300+ employees across the Group.
This is a newly created role as we have recently changed the way we manage our Payroll by outsourcing it to a Payroll Bureau and moving the administration from our Finance Department to our HR Department.
We are a small but busy team so as well as having responsibility for the monthly payroll function, there is lots of opportunity to get stuck into many of the HR activities and processes such as recruitment, onboarding, changes to employment and wellbeing initiatives.
If you are an experienced administrator with possibly a HR or payroll background then this could be the role for you!
We will be asking you to get involved with the following:
- Collating all monthly payroll information (i.e. new starters, leavers, changes, expenses, mileage etc) and input onto the payroll spreadsheet
- Carrying out the submission of monthly payroll information to our Payroll Bureau ensuring that all information is accurate and on time
- Thoroughly checking Payroll reports provided by the Payroll Bureau
- Be the first point of contact for all Payroll queries both for employees and the bureau
- Assisting with the management of the Company pension scheme
- Creating new starter packs and contracts of employment
- Conducting pre-employment screening checks e.g. referencing, proof of right to work in the UK
- Processing changes to employment and maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave requests
- Ensuring our digitalised employee files and HR systems are maintained
- Advertising job vacancies, screening CV’s and arranging interviews
- Supporting with ongoing HR project work
You will have amazing attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. Working with large amounts of data, being proficient in Excel is a necessity.
You will love working with people and have great communication skills whilst knowing how to work with confidential and sensitive information.
It would also be great if you had:
- A relevant Payroll (CIPP) or HR (CIPD) qualification (desirable but not essential)
- A pro-active and can-do attitude with lots of enthusiasm!
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
In return you can expect:
- Competitive salary of £23,000 and bonus of £2,000 (paid quarterly)
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
- Free on-site parking