Careers at Commercial
Desktop Support Engineer
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy for a Desktop Support Engineer within the Business Solutions Team (Internal IT Team) based at the Head Office in Cheltenham.
• Maintain internal helpdesk. Ensure that all requests from users are logged, updated and closed in line with operational level agreements.
• Install, configure and deploy computer system hardware and software including but not limited to operating system and application software.
• Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software and peripheral devices.
• Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Assist the Network team to ensure that the appropriate patches, hot fixes, and service packs are installed on company-owned or licensed software in a timely manner.
• Assist Network administrators with scheduled maintenance and assist in performing network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
• Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
• Assist with the Identification and resolution of potential security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Perform all information systems operations activities, including checking error logs, verifying integrity of systems, performing disaster recovery drills and maintaining operations logs.
• Provide technical, operational and training support to departmental personnel for all computer related equipment, peripherals, accessories and components.
• Suggest ways to improve department workflow. Keep manager informed of problems or issues.
• Customer focused and communicates effectively and expertly with all levels of employees.
• Maintain hardware/software inventory.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
• Proven experience in a 1st/2nd line or desktop support role.
• Natural aptitude for IT software/hardware environments.
• Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize workload to meet pre-agreed deadlines.
• Microsoft Office advanced skills/experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Must have excellent attention to detail.WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive basic salary
• 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
• Laptop and Company Mobile Phone
• We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 8am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday (shift to be agreed). However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.