Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced DBA within Commercial’s Managed Services division that will play a pivotal role in the management and development of the client’s key business applications, data and BI reporting.
Working collaboratively with Commercial’s wider development team to deliver a resilient development service within a best practice framework for one of the UK’s leading building suppliers that has provided high-quality construction building materials to trade and manufacturing industry since 1980.
WE WANT YOU TO....
- Take ownership of all key Line of Business Applications
- Re-develop legacy applications in latest technologies and methodologies
- Provide application support to users, answering questions, troubleshooting, responding to requests for changes and providing training
- Provide advanced Data Warehouse and ERP systems support and development
- Maintain and Support Operational and Sales reports
- Maintain internal helpdesk and ensure that all application support requests from users are logged, updated and closed in line with operational level agreements
- Manage priorities and time effectively across multiple projects
- Ensure that applications and reporting are performant and reliable.
Applicants are required to have proven experience of working in an application development role with strong database administration and optimisation skills
YOU HAVE GOT...
- 4+ years development experience
- Excellent knowledge C# . NET skills – WPF or Winforms
- Development experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Relational Database Design and T-SQL scripting, stored procedures and performance query optimization
- Experience of SSRS and SSIS
- Experience of multi-threading development
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills with the ability to resolve technical problems with simple solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- ERP (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains)
- Crystal Reports
- Advanced Microsoft Office ODBC links
- Microsoft Access
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 8am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday (shift to be agreed). However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.