Careers at Commercial
Corporate Development Manager
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
To support our exciting plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019, we are looking to recruit an additional Corporate Development Manager within our Office Supplies Division.
The key objective of the role is to develop and retain existing accounts by selling the cross sell and up sell of Commercial’s wide range of products and services. Work with the Business Development Team for a smooth transition of accounts to maximise the customers spend with Commercial.
- Sell a Commercial By Nature ‘one stop solution’ to existing customers through Commercial’s various products and services.
- Arrange and organise site visits of existing customers and prospects to showcase Commercial’s unique offering across all Divisions, The Foundation and in2Print.
- Hit targets set in each product category.
- Negotiate contract renewals and where possible increase the range of services purchased from Commercial to increase customer retention and spend.
- Margin – Manage, maintain increase margins by offering the best range of products and alternatives to customers whilst been analytical in approach to increase the profit line.
- Account Reviews – hold quarterly to inform the customer of the progression of their account, share the good news and highlight the opportunities within the account. This applies to accounts that spend over 150k or as identified.
- Identify leakage and lack of spend against contracts. Where necessary development and follow plan to ensure customers are compliant
- Management Information – set up correct MI monthly and then review with Sales Support to ensure it meets the customer’s requirement. Review at quarterly review meetings the data being produced and if it continues to be fit for purpose.
- Pass new business leads to the Business Development Team and work with them to support getting the account won.
- Visit accounts on a monthly basis to develop the opportunities identified.
- Call coverage – All accounts to be visited in a regular call cycle, monthly, bi monthly or quarterly depending on size to aid retention and develop cross sell and up sell.
- Hit activity targets as set by your Director.
- CRM – log all opportunities within the account base to set a clear and distinct pipeline in each account and category to identify the short, medium and long term opportunities.
- Work with Marketing, Sales Director and Product Sector Heads to place marketing pieces to encourage conversations in each product sector and service.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
- A service driven mentality
- A proven record of accomplishment in building sales from existing business
- Ability to develop excellent business relationships
- Analytical approach to be able present and develop data
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Industry experience is highly desirable
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Full UK driving licence
- Competitive basic salary plus commission
- Company car
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- We also offer other Company benefits including pension scheme, flexi-time scheme and childcare vouchers
Our core business hours are 37.5 per week (9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday). The role involves extensive travel to our customers throughout the UK and occasional overtime and overnight stays will be required to meet the demands of the business.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.