Careers at Commercial
Business Development Manager - IT Sales
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Commercial are hiring for our IT Sales Team! We currently have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager (BDM) within our Managed IT Division. As a leading IT Solutions provider, our Managed IT division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. We offer tailored solutions and support for both on-premise and cloud based IT requirements.
The role would usually be based from our head office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire however we appreciate the benefit of remote working in these uncertain times! As the role involves travel throughout the UK, we are happy to consider candidates based further afield. Please note that you may be asked to attend the office in Cheltenham on occasions, when safe to do so.
So what do you need to do?
We want you to successfully forecast and build a pipeline of new and existing business opportunities. You will do this by understanding customers’ diverse specific business needs and applying bespoke solutions knowledge.
- Work in collaboration with the Solution Consulting team to put together detailed customer proposals
- Ensure the prospecting CRM database is maintained effectively to reflect progress with new business
- Engage with the Product Review Board to develop new products and services based on your market expertise and client feedback
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the technology market place, trends and innovative and transformative technologies
- Meet personal KPI’s, goal-oriented objectives and work within best practice frameworks
And as Commercial offers a ‘one stop shop’ solution to businesses, it is hugely important you promote the products and services offered by all our divisions and work across all business units to identify upsell and cross sell opportunities.
You will have to have a proven track record of selling IT solutions – we need you to hit the ground running in our fast paced division. You are exceptional at developing new business, with all sales targets being met or exceeded.
Your technical knowledge will be second to none, with experience in IT infrastructure (servers, switching & storage), Microsoft stack including Microsoft 365, Modern Workplace & Azure, hosted cloud solutions, desktop and server virtualisation technologies, security, data & BCDR solutions.
You will also have:
- A solid understand of IT support and maintenance services and how such services deliver business value
- An ability to lead the client through the technology lifecycle and ensure alignment between both their business and IT strategy (in conjunction with the Solutions Consulting Team)
- Proven experience of building strong, long lasting relationships with new and existing clients
- Ability to generate own leads and deliver net new business pipeline
In return you can expect:
- Competitive base salary of up to £45,000
- Uncapped commission – we would expect you to earn an OTE of £90,000 to £100,000 for this role
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Annual global holiday awarded if 100% of annual target is met
- A variety of training & development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
Who are we?
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 7 divisions; Managed IT, Managed Print Services, Office Supplies, Smart Technology, Technology, Interiors and Print, the £70m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £100m so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!