Careers at Commercial
Business Development Manager
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
You will be responsible for the overall strategic sales, delivery and account management of accounts aligned to your Vertical. You will be expected to find new business from existing relationships and you will need to develop your aligned Business Development Manager/s in actively finding new business opportunities for both infrastructure and Managed Services sales. Hitting the vertical’s critical sales targets is paramount, as is excellent account management and quarterly customer reviews to deliver delighted customers.
Working closely with your Business Development Manager and your vertical Account Manager, you will manage all customer relationships, drive high performance and deliver business growth whilst balancing the needs of the business. You will also be required to work with the wider team to deliver and learn about the technology solutions needed to assist with your customer’s Cloud strategy and growth plans.
We want you to…
- Drive new business sales into prospects within allocated territory, through telephone and face to face engagement.
- Establish new customer relationships through proactive marketing campaigns.
- Identify sales opportunities and follow through to conversion.
- Deliver a Gross Profit Margin in line with allocated targets.
- Fulfil Direct Marketing Campaigns, track feedback and follow on telephone contact.
- Actively participate in telemarketing projects, targeting specific sectors to promote Commercial Managed IT solutions portfolio and identify sales opportunities
- Complete required vendor accreditations, research market trends
- Keep CRM updated at all times to ensure clarity of activity and communications throughout the division
- Engage with our Pre-Sales and Technical teams to validate proposals and quotations
- Keep and manage an accurate forecast with all opportunities, figures and expected win dates and to have this information ready for weekly sales meeting.
- Account Manage a designated set of Customer Accounts by establishing regular contact, ensuring that the customer’s needs are fulfilled and to actively promote our solution portfolio and increase repeat business.
- Produce quotations and written proposals for prospective customers
- Meet with customers and prospects regularly and where necessary to uncover and fulfil new and existing opportunities
- Pursue leads in targeted markets, understanding industry requirements
- Possess a strong understanding of our product set and proposition, our competition and position within the industry
- Coach and mentor aligned BDM and Account Managers
- Regularly account plan for your accounts and prospects as well as that of your team
- Work with the Business Development Director and Marketing team to build marketing plans for your vertical
- Ensure that all team opportunities are correctly qualified
- Ensure that all required Management Information reporting is provided as required
You have got…
- Superior presentation, communication skills both written and verbal
- A proven track record in business sales or related market
- The technical skills required to understand and propose solutions aligned to customer requirements
- A strong ability to communicate effectively inter departmentally, in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with emphasis on goal setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- A variety of training & development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more