Careers at Commercial
Business Development Manager
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our London Office for a Business Development Manager within our Office Supplies Division.
The key objective of the Business Development Manager role is to develop new business and create a prospect list to meet and exceed sales, gross profit and percentage targets. You will work in conjunction with the Corporate Development Managers with an end goal of passing the account to be managed to ensure cross and sell up sell is maximised.
We want you to…
- Identify new business opportunities and develop a new business pipeline
- Seek out the final decision makers and key influencers to set up appointments to sell Commercial’s portfolio of products and services
- Sell a #commercialbynature ‘one stop solution’ to existing customers through Commercial’s various products and services. This includes but is not limited to stationery, print, technology, interiors, Managed IT and managed print solutions
- Arrange and organise site visits of existing customers and prospects to showcase Commercial’s unique offering across all Divisions, the Foundation and in2Print.
- Profile requirements of new prospects prior to making calls or external meetings
- Participate in weekly calling days to set up external face to face meetings
- Hit activity targets as set by your Director
- Demonstrate potential savings
- Convert prospects into trading accounts in line with the expectations of the profitability model and targets in both sales and gross profit and percentage
- Identify leakage and lack of spend against contracts. Where necessary develop and follow plan to ensure customers are compliant
- Update and maintain all records on prospects and new accounts in CRM
- Work with and alongside the Implementation Team to ensure smooth transition to Commercial for new customers
- Account Reviews – Any account not passed to a CDM must have an account review undertaken every three months until passed.
- Ensure that customers are handed over to CDM’s smoothly with all their needs clearly communicated verbally and in writing and continue to support as necessary
You have got…
- A new business focus with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- The ability to work with the Corporate Development Team to increase cross sell and up sell and customer experience
- The ability to deal with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- Commission (paid monthly in arrears) for invoiced sales
- Annual global holiday awarded if 100% of annual target is met
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more