Careers at Commercial
Business Continuity Specialist
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Our Managed IT Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a Business Continuity Specialist, you will take responsibility for ensuring clients Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions are maintained in line with client requirements and contractual obligations while confirming effectiveness through periodic system testing. You will be a subject matter expert on all things Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, with proven experience of designing, implementing, testing, invoking and supporting relevant technologies.
We want you to...
- Maintain and troubleshoot client Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions
- Develop Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Backup Solution plans and procedures
- Test documented strategies and plans, documenting evidence of goals/objectives, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide ‘crisis management’ and emergency responses as required in a BC/DR scenario
- Be responsible for restoring client services as necessary, including invoking Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and technologies
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions, documenting plans to restore service as quickly as possible with minimal disruption and loss to the client
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement of Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Backup Solution plans
- Support and contribute as a subject matter expert to ISO 22301 activities, as well as internal and external ISO 27001 audits
You have got…
- A comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, networking and security technologies
- Extensive proven experience of supporting Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fault analysis, management and prioritisation skills are required to ensure all issues are resolved based on criticality for all our customers as well as meeting the contracted SLA.
- Relevant experience with the technologies listed below:
- Microsoft Azure Site Recovery
- HPE Nimble (Or equivalent SAN technologies)
- VMware SRM
- HPE StoreEver (or equivalent)
- HPE StoreOnce (or equivalent)
- Networking (switching, routing and firewalls)
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more