Careers at Commercial
Assistant Financial Accountant - Maternity Cover
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy based from our Head Office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire for an experienced Assistant Financial Accountant. This is a maternity cover role expected to last up to 6 months.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the successful applicant will provide accounting and administrative support ensuring all accounting records and information are accurate and all management information is delivered within the required deadlines.
We want you to…
- Reconcile month end journals, fixed assets, depreciation, HP interest and repayments, Overhead Prepayments and Overhead accruals
- Process VAT returns and Bank reconciliations
- Carry out Intrastat reporting, EC Sales submissions, ONS submissions
- Escalate issues to the financial accountant regarding balance sheet reconciliations
- Carry out any specific project work as directed by the Financial Accountant
- Provide ad-hoc financial assistance as required
- Assist with the Year end audit
- Produce monthly accounts pack for distribution to Directors
You have got…
- Strong analytical skills
- A self-motivating mind set with a desire for continuous improvement
- Confidence in using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Minimum AAT Qualification or relevant experience
- Experience of producing Management accounts
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
37.5 hours per week to be worked between 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.