Careers at Commercial
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
This role is to ensure that cash transactions for the Commercial Group are processed in a timely and highly accurate manner. You will be part of a small cash team primarily dealing with large volumes of purchase ledger payments/ reconciliations and assisting with sales receipts
You will be a key contributor to the business helping to ensure the cash team delivers its key objectives.
- Set up new suppliers on NAV system and Epay
- Reconcile supplier statements and liaise with P L on missing invoices
- Process supplier/ Epay payments and allocate and produce/send remittance advices
- Process payments to Commercial Foundations and CCS
- Bank statement – processing payments/ checking receipts
- Respond to supplier queries by phone and email
- Adhoc payments/ refunds
- Credit card and one off payments
- Petty Cash including month end journal
- Process overheads
- Analyse staff sales for salary deductions
- Analyse internal stationery and prepare journal each month
- Scan and save all paperwork on a regular basis
- Frank post once a week according to procedure and cover reception, one hour per week or to cover absences
- Assist with posting/ allocating customer payments, liaising with Credit Control for missing remittances, correct allocation of payments
- Assist with any other functions within the cash team or the wider finance team, from time to time
- Previous experience working in an accounts department
- IT skills including Excel & Word
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Able to deal with tight deadlines
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Want to work here?
Contact our head of HR Jenny Hodgson for an informal chat on 01242 703400 or fill in our form.