Careers at Commercial
2nd Line Support Team Leader
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
As the 2nd Line Team Leader, you will manage our 2nd Line Helpdesk and Field Engineer Teams. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated individual with a desire to deliver high quality service to both internal and external customers alike. The candidate must have previous Team Leader / Management experience and a strong technical background so that they can build the respect of a talented team of IT Infrastructure engineers.
WE WANT YOU TO…
- Ensure that the 2nd Line team and Field Engineer team meet service SLA’s for our customers
- Train and develop your team to ensure that you have the necessary skillsets within your team to provide the highest standards of technical support and customer service
- Provide line management responsibilities including conducting one to ones, setting KPI’s, approving holiday requests, disseminating management information etc.
- Work within the 2nd Line team to resolve customer issues remotely via telephone, email and remote support sessions
- Act as a point of escalation for the 2nd Line Team as well as off-site support staff, and provide assistance with helpdesk tickets where possible, escalating further as required
- Work with off-site support staff to promote a seamless and collaborative support service
- Schedule Field Engineer site visits as required
- Improve process, procedures and service improvements to introduce efficiencies, streamline support process, provide a consistent user experience and identify new opportunities.
- Develop and promote a proactive ‘can do’ culture within the department
- Ensure support services are delivered within an ITIL framework and aligned to industry best practice
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to build confidence and promote NOC services.
- Ensure that service metrics and good data quality is maintained to enable accurate reporting
- Handling difficult calls and resolving difficult customer situations through excellent communication and direct stakeholder engagement.
You have got…
A minimum 3 years relevant experience with the technologies listed below, ideally with either a Microsoft MCSA or Citrix CCA, and a minimum 1 year relevant Team Leader / Management experience
- VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, WDS and WSUS
- Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019)
- Exchange (2010, 2013) and Office 365
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Sophos Anti-Virus (On-Premise and Central)
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- SAN Technologies including Lefthand and Nimble
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft SCCM, InTune and AutoPilot
- Microsoft Hyper-V and failover clustering
- Citrix Netscaler
- Two-factor authentication including Vasco and SMS Passcode
- Corporate wireless systems including Meru and Meraki
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- On-Call Rota with Shift Allowance and Overtime Scheme
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the needs of the business.