Careers at Commercial
1st Line Support Team Leader
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader to manage our team of 1st Line Engineers within our Network Operations Centre (NOC). The successful candidate would report directly to the Network Operations Centre Manager.
As a leading IT Solutions provider, our Managed IT Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. Commercial Managed IT offer tailored solutions and support for both on-premise and cloud based IT requirements. No client has the same needs; our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client.
- First and foremost, ensuring that the 1st Line team meet service SLA’s for our customers
- Training and development of your team to ensure that you have the necessary skillsets within your team to provide the highest standards of technical support and customer service
- Line management responsibilities including conducting one to ones, setting KPI’s, approving holiday requests, disseminating management information etc.
- Work within the 1st Line helpdesk team to resolve customer issues remotely via telephone, email and remote support sessions
- Act as a point of escalation for the 1st Line Team as well as off-site support staff, and provide assistance with helpdesk tickets where possible, escalating further as required
- Work with off-site support staff to promote a seamless and collaborative support service across all resolver groups.
- Improve process and procedures to introduce efficiencies, streamline support process and provide a consistent user experience.
- Develop and promote a proactive ‘can do’ culture within the department
- Ensure support services are delivered within an ITIL framework and aligned to industry best practice
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to build confidence and promote NOC services.
- Identify service improvement and business development opportunities whenever possible
- Ensure that service metrics and good data quality is maintained to enable accurate reporting
- Organising the engineer rota and resource planning as required
- Handling difficult calls and resolving difficult customer situations through excellent communication and direct stakeholder engagement.
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Desktop and server hardware
- Microsoft Exchange and Office365
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Citrix
- Networking – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, firewalls, wireless solutions
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam and vRanger
- Anti-virus technologies such as Sophos and Symantec
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated individual with a desire to deliver high quality service to both internal and external customers alike. The candidate must have a strong technical background so that they can build the respect of a talented team of IT Infrastructure specialists; they will have the ability to use IT Service Management tools effectively so that we give our clients visibility and control of IT service quality. They will either have previous line management experience, or will be looking to take their first steps into management
- Competitive basic salary plus bonus
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme (in line with auto enrolment legislation), childcare voucher scheme and cycle to work scheme.
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the needs of the business.