Careers at Commercial
1st Line Support Team Leader
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
We currently have a vacancy for a Team Leader to manage our team of 1st Line Engineers within our Network Operations Centre (NOC). The successful candidate would report directly to the Network Operations Centre Manager.
Our Managed IT Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client.
As the 1st Line Team Leader, you will manage our 1st Line Helpdesk Engineers and report directly to the Network Operations Centre Manager. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated individual with a desire to deliver high quality service to both internal and external customers alike. The candidate must have a strong technical background, and ideally previous Team Leader / Management experience, so that they can build the respect of a talented team of IT Infrastructure engineers.
We want you to...
- Ensure that the 1st Line Team meet service SLA’s for our customers
- Train and develop your team to ensure that you have the necessary skillsets within your team to provide the highest standards of technical support and customer service
- Provide line management responsibilities including conducting one to ones, setting KPI’s, approving holiday requests, disseminating management information etc.
- Work within the 1st Line Team to resolve customer issues remotely via telephone, email and remote support sessions
- Act as a point of escalation for the 1st Line Team as well as off-site support staff, and provide assistance with helpdesk tickets where possible, escalating further as required
- Work with off-site support staff to promote a seamless and collaborative support service
- Complete Line Manager duties including quarterly 1-to-1’s, setting KPIs, approving holiday requests, disseminating management information etc
- Develop and promote a proactive ‘can do’ culture within the department
- Ensure support services are delivered within an ITIL framework and aligned to industry best practice
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to build confidence and promote NOC services.
- Ensure that service metrics and good data quality is maintained to enable accurate reporting
- Handling difficult calls and resolving difficult customer situations through excellent communication and direct stakeholder engagement.
You have got…
A minimum 2 years relevant experience with the technologies listed below, ideally with either a Microsoft MCP (Windows Server 2012 and above)
- VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, WDS and WSUS
- Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019)
- Exchange (2010, 2013) and Office 365
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Sophos Anti-Virus (On-Premise and Central)
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- SAN Technologies including Lefthand and Nimble
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft SCCM, InTune and AutoPilot
- Microsoft Hyper-V and failover clustering
- Citrix Netscaler
- Two-factor authentication including Vasco and SMS Passcode
- Corporate wireless systems including Meru and Meraki
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more