Careers at Commercial
1st Line Helpdesk Engineer
Available on request
Full-Time 37.5 hours per week
Our Managed IT Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a 1st Line IT Helpdesk Engineer, you will exceed the skill level typically expected with 1st line roles you may find elsewhere and is more aligned to a traditional 2nd line role.
WE WANT YOU TO…
- Maintain 1st line support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day
- Monitor 1st line support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned before SLA
- Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with new clients
- Flag high priority / urgent issues to the 1st Line Team Leader
- Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system
- Occasional requirement to attend remote sites when required
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledgebase
- Follow IT procedures e.g. ITIL and strictly complying with our policies
- Consult with 2nd line team as required to resolve incidents and develop individual skillset
YOU HAVE GOT...
- Proven experience of supporting existing desktop / server infrastructures and must have experience of working in a busy helpdesk environment.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fault analysis, management and prioritisation skills are required to ensure all issues are resolved based on criticality for all our customers as well as meeting the contracted SLA.
- Relevant experience with the technologies listed below:
- - Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
- - Exchange 2010, 2013, and 2016
- - Hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V)
- - TCP/IP, Routing, VPN and Firewall configuration
- - Virtual server backup technologies (Veeam / vRanger)
- - Antivirus Software (Sophos)
- Experience in:
- - Microsoft Office 365
- - Email filtering solutions
- - Corporate wireless systems
- - Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- - SAN storage technologies
- The ability to demonstrate good problem solving skills
- An excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills
- Competitive salary
- We all get a generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Bonus scheme (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s
- A variety of training & Development programmes tailored to you
- Earn extra money if we hire your friends or family with our employee referral programme
- Want to get healthy? We have free fruit delivered for all staff! And our state of the art coffee machine will be sure to set you up for the day
- Looking for a little extra? You could get a day off for doing charity work and you might even get a treat on your birthday and work anniversary!
- A range of team and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, pension contributions, Employee support programme, Flexi time scheme and more
37.5 hours per week to be worked in shift rotation between 07:00 – 15:30, 08:00 – 16:30, 09:00 – 17:30 and 10:30 – 19:00 Monday-Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the role.