Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider, we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here at Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our support staff to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and ITIL. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Technical Consultant/ Design Architect within the Professional Services team in our IT Services division. The role will be based out of our head office in Cheltenham and involves extensive travel to our client sites throughout the UK.
The candidate will work closely with our Solutions Consulting team to produce detailed technical specifications and pricing throughout the pre-sales process and thereafter they will be responsible for the technical low level design, implementation and documentation of the solution.
Applicants are required to have had proven technical project design and implementation experience with server/desktop virtualisation offerings from VMware, Citrix and Microsoft as well as public cloud offerings from Microsoft, Amazon or Google. The candidate would ideally be certified with VMware VCP, Citrix CCA and Microsoft MCSE and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to identify priorities and manage multiple workloads and projects. Attention to detail is a must with a methodical and professional approach to solution design and implementation.
Technical skills required:
- VMware ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure design and implementation of workloads in either IAAS or PAAS
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008
- Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and DAG
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy and Certificate Services
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPN and WAN environments
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Provisioning Services
- Citrix NetScaler Gateway
- Corporate wireless systems such as Cisco Meraki, Aruba and Fortinet
- Backup technologies such as Veeam, Symantec, and Asigra
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- VMware Horizon
- Citrix XenServer
- Multi-factor authentication
- Microsoft SQL 2014, 2012 and 2008
- Unified Communications including Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Anti-virus technologies
- Web and E-mail Security
- Mobile Device and Application Management
- Sophos UTM and XG firewalls
Remuneration & benefits
-Competitive basic salary plus bonus scheme
-Company mobile phone
-25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to be enhanced DBS checked.