Print Production Operative
The Foundation and No Limits Programme:
Commercial Foundations CIC was formed in October 2014. Our clear social mission is to support some of the most disadvantaged young people to become work ready and self-sufficient, leading to lasting positive social impact. As part of Commercial’s supply chain Commercial Foundations tap into the skills, customers and specialist expertise of Commercial Group to support young people and we hope to raise the aspiration of the business world to follow. Whilst developing a 12 week no limits programme with fantastic outcomes and success rates of 86%, Commercial Foundations CIC is building a number of income streams and work experience opportunities under the brand WEDO. The aim is to be self-sustaining enterprise by the end of 2018.
WE DO Print was the first business unit in the social enterprise family. WE Do Print is a copy shop providing digital, branded merchandise and 3D Solutions. WE DO IT, most recently formed, provides a recycling and reselling service of used IT equipment which has been upgraded and donated by Commercial, their customers and suppliers.
To work alongside Young People and helping them to learn new skills feeding into the success of the No Limits Programme. To provide WEDO Print clients with an excellent service producing high quality products and services. The successful applicant should be competent in print production and supervision so that he/she is able to run the print room in the absence of the Operations Manager.
No Limits Programme
• To lead by example and mentor the young people to encourage and support them in the work place to have increased confidence and skills.
• Work alongside young people and providing advice and guidance related to safe working in print production.
• To communicate activities effectively to Young People to supervise and provide support as required.
• To escalate any issues to the Operations Manager or Job Coach.
• To be willing and able to fulfil safeguarding duties as required.
• Receipt of job bags and ensure a full understanding and ownership of order.
• Use Pre-Press systems including the Xerox Fiery.
• Work on Xerox presses, as part of the production team.
• Provide client proofs and ensure client has signed off proof before proceeding.
• Report to the Operations Manager any production issues as they may arise.
• Ensure all quality checks have been completed
• Complete finishing tasks to include guillotine, laminating, scoring and folding.
• Booklet making Fulfilment
• Fulfilment orders including picking, packing and dispatching.
• Deliver completed orders to clients as required.
• Book dispatch through UK mail and ensure that each job bag is complete and filed accordingly
• Order consumables and provide housekeeping support for the WDP offices
• Maintain stock control and record all goods in and goods out
• Check supplier invoices are correct against goods in.
• Ensure quality control measures are followed for all products
• Ensure that all artwork is provided in a print ready format
• Minimise waste within the print department
• Operate a range of vinyl and heat press machinery to produce personalised items such as mugs, t-shirts and coasters
Ensure status updates are recorded in Print Logic and Core Print Clear and regular communication with team to provide production updates
• Previous experience in Digital Printing and the print industry is essential
• The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the following areas:
Scanning/colour matching of artwork, management of databases of images, basic involvement in machine maintenance, consumable stock management/replenishment
• Good understanding of the production environment
• Preferable experience in Photoshop and software packages such as In Design/Illustrator
• Must have excellent IT skills
• Able to manage a busy workload and prioritise tasks
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deliver clear instructions to small groups of people
• Ability to stay calm and focused whilst working under pressure
• Ability to positively engage young people, empowering them to achieve their personal best
25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday inclusive. However, overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to be enhanced DBS checked