Business Development Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
To support our exciting plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019, we are looking to recruit additional Business Development Managers within our Office Supplies Division.
You must have at least 2 years hands on industry experience and a proven record of accomplishment in building sales from new and existing business. You will be confident, motivated and able to achieve and exceed activity, sales, and GP targets.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Make contact with key decision makers, to promote our Company offering for office supplies, print, interiors and managed print solutions.
- Participate in weekly calling days to your prospects with the aim of booking face to face appointments
- Visit prospects, to profile requirements and match our company products and services to meet and exceed the customer’s requirements.
- Maintain updated records on the Company CRM system of the status of each prospect you are progressing.
- Convert prospects in to trading accounts in line with profitability parameters as agreed with your sales director and in line with your personal targets and objectives.
- Demonstrate potential saving opportunities.
- Support the implementation team with the successful on boarding of new customers to the Company.
- Produce management information from the companies IT system for each client to aid in revenue and margin management as well as identify non-spending locations and gap fill, upsell opportunities.
- Maintain regular monthly contact with your existing & new accounts, to ensure sales levels are achieved in line with expected contract value and that service levels are maintained in line with pre-agreed KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Regularly promote additional products and services to your existing customer base to increase the revenue and profitability of the account for the company.
- Ensure the account remains profitable for the Company, by regularly reviewing the cost of serve, the cost of goods, the switch sell to own brand opportunities and the opportunity to expand the products and services to the customer.
- To achieve activity/financial targets set by your sales director, in relation to number of appointments, opportunities identified, visit numbers to customer site/our head office & bids submitted.
- To build knowledge of your division’s product portfolio so that maximum revenue is gained for the Office Supplies division.
- Previous experience within a sales/business development role is essential
- Proven experience of meeting or exceeding targets
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Strong rapport building skills
- Ability to deal with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors
- Competitive basic salary plus uncapped commission
- Company car, laptop and mobile phone
- 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays) per annum
- Company pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.30pm; however additional hours may be required to meet the needs of the role, including some overnight stays